What am I learning?
CAD Drawing – Computer Aided Design
CAD = Computer Aided Design. We are using AutoCAD as a type of CAD program to create:
We are currently in the AutoCAD unit. Last week we learned AutoCAD drawing basics, how to use the laser cutter/engraver (digital fabrication) to produce objects, and hand building modeling skills to assemble/glue objects. This week we are using AutoCAD to draw Multiview drawings and pictorials of the objects we made. Just like how we used hand drafting tools to create drawings, we are now creating the same types of drawings using CAD. We will be learning the difference between model space and paper space, what is scale and how to scale your drawing from 1:1 to 1:2, how to print from paper space, and how to set up a titleblock that can be reused for each of your drawings.
How will I show I learned it?
Design, fabricate and draw the following projects and drawings using AutoCAD and the Lasercutter:
Due this Monday, September 17, 2016 :
1. Project 1 – Paper Object (Begun Last Week)
3. AutoCAD Drawing 1 – Paper lasercut Object Multiview + Pictorial
4. AutoCAD Drawing 2 - Paper lasercut Object Fabrication/Toolpath Drawing
5. AutoCAD Drawing 3 – Key Chain Multiview + Photo
6. Create Titleblock and Print Layouts in Paperspace for Drawings 1, 2 and 3
7. Print out Drawings 1, 2 and 3 and turn in at the end of class Monday, Sept. 17
If you need extra help or would like to learn more: