What am I learning today?
Careers in Drafting and Employability Skills
What am I going to do today?
Demonstrate employability skills required by business and industry.
The following elements should be integrated throughout the content of this course.
Identify the disciplines related to architectural and engineering professions.
2.1 Identify the professional and/or trade associations related to the architectural and engineering professions.
2.2 Identify related occupations within the architectural and engineering professions.
2.3 Identify the employment opportunities in the architectural and engineering professions.
2.4 Match architectural and engineering occupational job titles with qualifications and responsibilities.
2.5 Identify education and training required to work in the various architectural and engineering professions.
List of Architectural and Engineering Professions For more career information, reference www.bls.gov/ooh for schools and degrees for each occupation.
· Building Construction Management
· Drafter/CAD Operator/Technician
· Interior Designer
· Landscape Architect
· Urban and City Regional Planner
· Furniture Designer/Carpenter
· Product/Industrial Designer
· Set Designer (Performing Arts/Theater)
· Set Designer/Motion Picture (Film)
· Exhibit Designer/Museums/Displays
· Costume/Fashion Designer (Film/Theater – 3d printing)
· Accessory/Jewelry Designer
· Shoe/Footwear Designer
· Toy Designer
· Video Game Designer/Multimedia Artist/Animator
· Civil Engineering
· Chemical Engineering
· Computer Hardware Engineer
· Mechanical Engineering
· Electrical Engineering
· Aerospace Engineering
· Structural Engineering
· Biomedical Engineering
· Electro-mechanical Technician
· Forensic Engineering
· Automotive Engineering
· Industrial Engineering
· Naval Architectural Engineering