March 18, 2019
Students are working through different projects for Architecture. We have met in small group to discuss how to use the engineer and architect's scale and practice measuring drawings together. Assignments:
1. Hand Draft the Design Office in the drawing below given the diagram posted on the google classroom. Center on type b paper with titleblock and border.
2. Measure the existing conditions of the classroom as a team. Make a sketch and use the floor tiles as 1 foot units of measurements to get the length, width and location of doors and windows as well as student desks.
3. Homestyler.com small group training
4. Individually model the classroom in homestyler using the measurements you recorded in your team.
5. Bubble and adjacency diagrams - floor plans of houses. Public vs. private space. Circulation. Designing a 2 bedroom 2 bath house/condo. Sketching.
6. Basic Revit Training
7. Model your 2 bedroom 2 bath house using Revit or homestyler. Create 18 x 24 poster of your design including floor plan, elevations, interior, exterior views and project brief description. Info. to be posted in google classroom.
8. Special projects that students will choose from when finished:
- 1. AIA HS Design Competition Project -Pedestrian Bridge or Nature Center (practice project for next year)
2. Campus Beautification Planters Project Construction
3. Smith Gilbert Garden - Photosynthesis Project Construction
4. Scale Model of the Black Box Theatre
5. Cobb County Fire Department Maps of the school AutoCAD.
March 11, 2019
Upload the following to the google classroom tomorrow March 12, 2019 - Examples to the right...:
1. AutoCAD .DWG File ( 12 objects, laser cut paper objects and keychains)
2.Inventor Cell Phone .IPT File
3. PDFs of every drawing - 11 x 17 ( 12 objects, paper objects, keychain, 6 inventor objects, cell phone, assembly ( optional)). These will become your portfolio.
We will begin Architecture Drawing and Design as well as how to use the Engineer + Architect Scale this week. Completed drawing above...
February 27, 2019
What am I learning today?
What am I going to do today?
1. Complete the 6 object multiview drawings with isometric pictorial + 6 object multiview drawings with oblique pictorial using AutoCAD Software. Include type B paper/titleblock.
2. Choose 1 of the six objects to build.
3. Design your own object to build out of paper on the lasercutter
4. Acrylic Key Chain
6. Cell phone drawing inventor
How will I show that I learned it?
Submit your portfolio of completed CADD and CAM drawings to the google classroom.
Due March 8th.
February 3, 2019
Completed Freehand Sketch of shoe due Friday, February 1st. We begin multiview drawings of the 6 objects on type B paper. Draw object 1 + oblique pictorial. Draw object of choice + isometric pictorial
Handouts provided in class and google classroom.
January 27, 2019
This week we review the drafting tools, single view drawings and classroom safety. Test on Tuesday, January 29th. We begin freehand sketching - sketching multiview of your shoe.
January 20, 2019
This week we practiced using the drafting tools and making single view drawings. Drawings include titleblock, lettering and object centered on the page. PPT on drafting tools and lettering on google classroom. All drawings due Friday January 25th.
January 13, 2019
This week we finish up Career Poster Presentations and begin units on Drafting Lab Safety and how to use the Drafting tools.
January 7, 2019
Happy New Year! Welcome to Intro to Drafting and Design. We will be discussing the course syllabus and completing a "get to know you" worksheet on day 1. You will then pair and share with a classmate... then present each other to the class. Assignments will be posted in the google classroom.
Week 1/Unit 1 - Employability Skills - Drafting Related Careers
1. Getting to know you worksheet. Pair and share with classmate and the class
2. Personality, career and skill assessments.
3. Practice Job Application - Employability Skills
4. Drafting Related Career Research and Poster
AutoCAD + Inventor Multi-view Drawing
Freehand Sketching + Single View Drawing